Thursday, December 7, 2017

Olly and Frank

From the people who brought you Wow! Wow! Wubbzy, and Why Do I Love Y? comes a Bob Boyle cartoon from 1998 that was directed by Rob Renzetti for Oh Yeah! Cartoons.

What I like about this cartoon is that it's a simple "kid falls in love with a girl" story with a Frankenstein twist. What I also admire is the fact that Thomas Chase and Steve Rucker wrote all the musical score for this show, these people were famous for The Powerpuff Girls, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Dexter's Laboratory, and Codename: Kids Next Door among others. Also, this story has a lot of puns. And I'm not gonna lie here. The puns include "The bubble in my gum," "the pop in my sicle," and "the ham in my burger." What was "the pop in my corn" not good enough of a pun to take. I don't know what else to say really, it's a story that just works. Here's the link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiclW7CwGA

No comments:

Post a Comment