Friday, December 8, 2017

Jelly's Day - Uncle Betty's Strange Rash

Here's another cartoon starring the cute Jelly. In this episode, Jelly meets up with his goofy uncle Betty (voiced by Bob Joles) at the Museum of Stuff from Outer Space. The kicker, he gets a rash that grows plants with feet and they pop out of him.

What's weird about this episode is the fact that it was directed by Vincent Waller. not that I have anything against him, I mean, he's a nice guy and he worked on Cow and Chicken and SpongeBob. But what I think he did here was that he put a bit of a Ren and Stimpy feel to the cartoon that was suppose to be innocent looking. No kidding, if you looked on Uncle Betty's backpack, he even has a Stimpy plush toy. It also arranges with the background characters who kind of look like throw away background characters from Ren and Stimpy. Still, it's too safe and polished to be anything like the overly loud insanity that Ren and Stimpy gave us. Vincent Waller, as I've said before also worked on Cow and Chicken which also had a Ren and Stimpy feel but was still unique enough to be called it's own show.

Overall, this episode's really weird. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this. I still like Grey Delisle as the voice of Jelly and I like the character design of the flowers in the following picture here. It's just bizzare and weird. But still, if you wanna see it and let me hear your thoughts, here's the link:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUZE9kersw0

1 comment: