Thursday, December 7, 2017

Garfield and Friends - "Attack of the Mutant Guppies"

And now, here's my review on my personal favorite episode of the second season of Garfield and Friends, "Attack of the Mutant Guppies." The plot of the episode is that Garfield tells Nermal a scary story about giant radioactive mutant guppies living below the sewers. At first, Nermal doesn't believe a word of it. But by bedtime, Nermal gets so scared that she wants Garfield to prove to her that there are no mutant guppies, but unfortunately, the story is entirely true, so, Garfield chases the guppies away from town, rescuing Nermal from the dangers of the guppies. And where did they end up? At Orson's farm.

The reason this episode is my favorite is because it's all about Garfield and Nermal and their fears of something that was suppose to be just a story. I especially find it cute when Nermal gets scared and hides under her blanket. And apparently, Nermal doesn't know what "fibbing" means. What a scaredy cat! Too bad we never see Nermal's guppy again. I can only assume she got rid of it that way she wouldn't think about mutant guppies anymore, but I know what you're thinking, Garfield and Friends sometimes has bad continuity and I should be use to this. At least they do the usual break the fourth wall joke to see if whether or not it was all just a dream.

She looks so cute when she's scared.
Coming up next, I'll review Hey Arnold's "Monkey Business."

No comments:

Post a Comment