Thursday, December 7, 2017

Rugrats - "Falling Stars"

Prepare for liftoff, because it's time for me to review "Falling Stars," the best episode of Season 7 of Rugrats! The plot is is that after Grandpa Lou shows Tommy falling stars, Tommy immediately suspects this is a bad thing, and he and the other babies go on a mission to stop the stars from falling, thanks to Angelica's teasing.

If you were to ask me WHY this is my favorite episode in the entire series is because of one thing, it's a spoof on Star Wars! From Angelica as the Big Space Boss (ala Darth Vader,) and Grandpa Lou as Yoda, (Frank Oz, eat your heart out.) And not only that, but it also focuses more on Kimi and Tommy more than the other babies. It even has a parody of "Luke, I am your father." with Angelica saying "I am your cousin!" and Tommy doing a short and over the top "NO!" And they use flashlights as light sabers. Very clever David Rosenberg, writer of the episode. In the end, Angelica does get her comeuppance for her sour attitude of getting rid of the stars. Not even Johnny Bravo could pull this off.

If your into space as much as I am, I recommend this episode to the kids, grown-ups, and even astronauts. My favorite part was Kimi's line when she and Tommy were trapped, "Somebody help us, please!" Amazingly, this aired on 2001, the same year that the Fairly OddParents first aired, and also the very last year the late Christine Cavanaugh was involved with Rugrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment