Thursday, December 21, 2017

Steve Gets the Sniffles

Now, it's time for me to review my last Blue's Clues episode for now, which is actually the first episode on the second season, Steve Gets the Sniffles. In production order, this episode was the last episode to use the audience shouting "Blue's Clues" during the theme song, minus the Blue's Birthday song. The plot of this episode is that Steve has the sniffles, and we play Blue's Clues to figure out what he needs to feel better, along the way, we rearrange healthy snacks with Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper, play doctor with Shovel and Pail, and help Jill finish her story. There will be a few spoilers though, but let's just get to my opinions out of the way, first.

What I like about this episode was that, it's comedic and fun, and something I should mention when I first saw this episode, I thought this was from Season 1, when obviously this was from Season 2, why did I think this? I don't know, perhaps it was made early in Season 2, much like What Does Blue Want to Build?, "Blue's ABCs," and Math!," were. Those four episodes were the only episodes that aired in 1997, the rest was from either 1998 and 1999. And now, back on track, I like the Healthy Snacks songs as well as Steve's dance along with it, and during Steve's verse at the end of the song , he sneezes and says to the viewers, don't you? Another funny thing I should mention is that Jill had a tendency to say a few words two times or even three times, that's pretty funny if you ask me, and perhaps the most funniest, is when Steve sneeze skidoos, and when he returns home, he lands hard onto the thinking chair, because, hey, it was quite a jump. Also, just because Steve's voice was nasally during thinking time, that doesn't mean he couldn't come up with the wrong answer to Blue's Clues. That was the only part of the episode where his voice was nasally, most of this episode, he talked pretty much normally, and he wasn't that infectious or that sick.

The one thing that really baffled my Mom is the fact that the answer to Blue's Clues is vegetable soup instead of chicken noodle soup. I guess the people at Blue's Clues had a grudge against Chicken Noodle soup or something, maybe. Also, here's a fun fact, this was the last episode that was directed by Matt Sheridan, in fact it was the only second season episode he ever directed. He still storyboarded the episode, "What Experiment Does Blue Want to Try?" but he gave his directing job to Paul Zehrer in that episode.

Overall, this episode is pretty fun, It retained the Blue's Clues cheer that the Season one episode "Blue's News" forgot to put in, in production order that is. Anyways, this episode was a clever way to start off the season. And since it reruns quite often even to this day, I recommend you watch this episode if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment