Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Powerpuff Girls - "Uh Oh Dynamo"

Now, tonight, I'm going to review one of my other favorite episodes of The Powerpuff Girls, which coincidentally, is the last episode of the first season, "Uh Oh Dynamo," One day, when I was streaming with Shadow Streak, I asked him if he liked this episode and he said he did, it's one of his favorite season one episodes too. Go check out his reviews of the PPG reboot if you haven't already, if you like my stuff, you're gonna love his. Now, onto the review.

The plot of this 22 minute episode is that after an encounter with a fish balloon, desperate to protect the girls, Professor Utonium creates the Dynamic Nano-Techronic Monobot, or DYNAMO for short. While the girls are unsure on whether or not they want to use it, one Saturday in Bonsai Garden's Park, during an evening paper boat race, the Fish Balloon comes back, but only with a much bigger companion who's too big to even beat up. How will the girls stop him? Well, I'm not telling! You just have to watch and see for yourself. Because I'm going to say what I like about this episode now.


The episode as a lot of cool action scenes, especially with the big battle with that seven-eyed fish balloon. Of course, this show had a lot of violence and comedy, as the Powerpuff Girls usually do.. This kind of reminds me of that Pokemon episode, "Tentacool and Tentacruel," and yes, I will review that one at some point, also, it reminds me of the Dexter's Laboratory episode, "Last But Not Beast," where Dexter and his family use a giant battle robot to stop Badaxtra, the evil giant monster from Japan, but the major difference here is that in "Last But Not Beast," there was no cheering crowd when the monster was defeated, but here, there was. So, if I had to choose between those two episodes, I'd probably pick this one. The irony is that both Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky who worked on "Last But Not Beast," directed this episode, like all of the other episodes that Don Shank storyboarded.

The final verdict, it's an awesome episode, and it really helped put the first season to the end and gear everyone up for the second season that would air a month later in 1999. It's exciting, full of action and danger, it's funny, has great visuals, and has fun with a monster battle! If you haven't seen or heard of this, please, at least check this one episode out, it really is worth your time. But, I'll bet you to watch Dog the Mighty first before this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment