Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hey Arnold - "Ransom"

Let's take a look at sibling rivalry with a season two episode of Hey Arnold, "Ransom"


The story centers around Gerald's little sister, Timberly, voiced by Avriel Epps, whose very annoyed by the fact that Gerald doesn't want her to join him and Arnold into a board game on detective, but Gerald's more annoyed by having her as a sister. I have problems with my brother Victor too, but I digress. Anyways, Gerald thinks Arnold is lucky not to have a sibling, because Gerald is always annoyed by Timberly, when all of a sudden, Timberly's stuffed alligator, goes missing! And with that, Arnold and Gerald are forced to play detective to find her dolly. How will this follow up, well I'm not telling. Because you've got to watch it for yourself.

The thing about Gerald being annoyed with Timberly is that it's pretty relate-able to most kids who have older brothers and/or sisters Sometimes the bigger sibling would get annoyed by their younger sibling, and believe me I've gotten annoyed by Victor constantly telling me to set the table whenever he's around. He's too strong for me to stop. But now for the reason why you came here, the review. This episode is pretty decent in most cases, I like Gerald's rant on Timberly, Harold's sensitive side and the fact he doesn't like to be called slim, and trust me, you wouldn't like him when he's angry. I also like Curly, voiced by Adam Wylie as usual, showing off his ballet stuff. That's Curly for you.

So, bottom line, this episode is pretty relate able and it can help some other siblings in the future settle their differences. I just wish there was a way Victor and I could settle our difference, but I don't know how. Maybe someday, but not for a while. I never want to get even with Victor, ever. Did I mention that the writer of Pickles vs. Pickles, Jonathan Greenberg did this? It's not a surprise considering most crew members who worked on Rugrats worked on this show with a mix of Rocko crew in between.

Sometimes, siblings can be pretty hard to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment