Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Powerpuff Girls - "Geshundfight"

Oh, I get it. Geshundfight is a take on the famous German phrase, "gesundheit." Anyways, we're reviewing the Powerpuff Girls episode, "Geshundfight" from the first season, and which also featured the Amoeba Boys.

The Amoeba Boys are once again trying out their petty crimes. They try to steal an orange from the orange stand, but Skinny Slim, being the nervous one, doesn't do a good job at it, the kicker, he doesn't grab the orange at all. They try to show littering to the girls, but it's just pathetic because it's just a sheet of paper. Then, The Amoeba Boys decide to, as the Professor states, stand in the park next to a "Keep off the grass" sign in an attempt to break the law, when a storm rolled in, now, they stood in the rain all night and they caught a cold, that cold mixed with their single-cell anatomy to created a devastating new virus that could then infect all of Townsville. Will the Girls find the antidote within the Amoeba Boys? Or will they just end up as sick as a chihuahua? Well I'm not telling! Because you have to watch and see for yourself.

Now, it's important to note that this is the Amoeba Boys' only appearances in Season One, they only appear once per season. When I was younger and I saw this, I thought their even plan was to get rained on and get sick and infect Townsville with their virus. I really thought THAT was their evil scheme, but since I've heard every word from Professor Utonium, that wasn't the case here. I also found it funny when the Mayor gets constant phone calls telling him that the people at City Hall are sick and they can't get in, and thanks to Sara Bellum sneezing onto the Mayor, he gets infected as well, that's karma if you ask me.

Overall, this episode is really funny, and the good part is that it doesn't push the yuckiness of f this sickness too far. I mean sure, the sick ice cream did sneeze on the girls, but they don't get infected until they come across the Amoeba Boys. I also like Buttercup shouting at the top of her lungs to the Amoeba Boys to leave Townsville, until she suddenly gets sick after she regains her cool. I also like how the Professor's microscope shows us that the germ looks like the Amoeba Boys, mostly the Boss Man. Too bad the Amoeba Boys never got arrested for infecting Townsville. As Boss Man says "I TOLD YOU YOU SHOULD'VE TAKEN THE ORANGE!"

And the Narrator is right, the Amoeba Boys are SO dumb, but we love them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment