Saturday, January 6, 2018

Rugrats - "The Big Sneeze" Review

Season 7, sometime around 2002, Angelica Pickles is my least favorite character in all of Rugrats. And I'll tel you why. All she does is trick the babies into thing something terrible is happening, and obviously making the babies her slaves. Why would God even create somebody like her. Sure, there are episodes I like that feature her like, "The Word of the Day," Hiccups," and "Angelica Breaks a Leg" She may have done all those things, but she still had a heart. "The Big Sneeze" exists to say "Forget all that" and downgrades into the most flanderized character, I've ever seen.

"The Big Sneeze" was the breaking point for me, and I won't cover this up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry, I'm not upset, I'm just..........sad. Yeah. It's honestly the best word I can use to describe here.

The episode starts off with Kira giving Chaz an anniversary present since it's been one year since they've been married. Kimi is amazed by this news and tries to get something for Chuckie for being a sister for over one year. Meanwhile, Chuckie sneezes constantly whenever Kimi walks passed him, when Angelica overhears this, Angelica decides to trick the babies into thinking that Chuckie is allergic to Kimi because now is clearly the best time to do it and she couldn't have waited an extra 15 seconds. It's all downhill from here and I wish that was an exaggeration. It doesn't help, that whenever Tommy and their friends try to cure Chuckie, Chuckie decides to move away from Kimi as much as possible. This is mind-boggling!

I can sum this episode up in four words;. "IT'S ALL ANGELICA'S FAULT!" I mean, this has just gone too far even for her character, and the worst part is that Chuckie believes this the entire time, he doesn't stand up to Angelica and tell her she's being ridiculous, he just falls through with this plan because the plot wants him to. And not at one moment does Angelica question what has she done! And the worst part is that Angelica never receives any karma for her actions, she doesn't get punished, Chaz nor Kira call Drew about what's going on, she just disappears from the episode after Chuckie accidentally sneezes on her.

Here's how you fix this story. Have Tommy become suspicious and become mad at Angelica for making Chuckie believe he's allergic to Kimi. Oh, and how about a better allergy, have Chuckie be allergic to Angelica, that way, the babies could beat her up in the same way that Glenn Quagmire did to Brian from Family Guy just because he hates him. Unless, you were to argue that Chuckie is allergic to Angelica in this episode but didn't say, but I'll again return to my previous argument that there's no reason for him to think Kimi would be better off without him around. This isn't a mid-life crisis, so why is he going through this now? Or how about this one. Somebody would put Angelica into a box with air holes in it, and it would be shipped back to her house and Drew reads it saying "Return to sender. P.S. We'd raver have Susie Carmichael/" and Drew would say. "Gee, that's the tenth time this month. Some things you just can't give away."

That was atrocious. I hate to say it but this is the first review I've done on an episode of a cartoon I like that I hate. This episode needed some more proof reading before giving the go ahead to be made. Angelica never gets her comeuppance, Chuckie being allergic to dandelions contradicts "Opposites Attract," and on top of it all, Nancy Cartwright does not do a pretty good Chuckie voice. I have nothing against her, but I just want to address it nonetheless. Just take it from me and skip it. You're more likely to get laughs from an episode of CatDog.

But don't worry guys, there's a much netter episode that features Angelica that I'll review coming up real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment