Saturday, January 6, 2018

Rugrats - "Pickles vs. Pickles"

And now, for my Mom out there, I'm going to review one of here favorite episodes during the third season, "Pickles vs. Pickles." Another Angelica related episode. Let's see if I can give her a positive review on this.

After having some dinner problems with her parents, Angelica decides to "sue" her parents With hiring F. Lee Barnum, voiced by Neil Ross, and even recording everything Charlotte, even mocking her line "We've tried to reason what you, but you wouldn't listen." This goes so far that Charlotte and Drew go visit their lawyer, Mr. Hershowitz, voiced by Dan Castellaneta. He highly suggests to settle the matter out of court. After hearing a ridiculously long list of demands from Angelica that her lawyer faxed to Mr. Hershowitz, they decide to just go for court.


This episode is pretty dark and funny at the same time. One minute it goes serious, and then one minute later, it gets so dramatic you can't even ignore it. I especially like Charlotte's funny quotes towards Mr. Barnum, and even Angelica using Cynthia and a toy Zebra as her witnesses, and even goes to the point of being a copycat in front of Mr. Hershowitz. The funny thing about this episode is that Tommy is not in this episode, but, on the other hand, while I do kind of speculate on what Tommy would've done in that particular episode, I'll just have to say, yeah, he really wasn't needed.

So, have we reached the verdict? Guilty or not guilty? NOT GUILTY! I here by sentence this episode to be recommended to anyone who ever loves episodes that show us court scenes. Plus, I like the ending where Angelica tells the audience, works every time.

Did I mention that Paul Germain and Jonathan Greenberg wrote this? It kind of reminds me of the Garfield and Friends episode, "The Kitten and the Council." And yes, I will review that episode at one point, but not right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment