Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Powerpuff Girls "Lying Around the House"

Three Cartoon Network shows I've reviewed in a row. That's strange, but a good thing. Now, I'm reviewing my only favorite episode of The Powerpuff Girls, Season 5, "Lying Around the House." But first, I want to give a shout out to Shadow Streak who said that "The Secret Swapper of Doom" was a ripoff of this sort of thing, if you don't believe me, here's the link to his review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=091KbzLmr7Y

In this episode, Professor, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup completely tell lie after lie during their day off on Saturday. First there's one the Professor does where he says he has a lot of work to do, but the truth is he has an important game show to watch. And the Girls hate liver and onions, so they give it to the town's dogs. The following has Bubbles lying about drawing on the walls, Buttercup playing by herself with a dodge ball and lies about breaking the Professor's major brain award, or nerd award as Buttercup calls it, and Blossom lies about overflowing the laundry, this causes the little white lie to turn into a comical monster and wreak havoc on the house. What can they do? Watch and find the honest truth to this episode.

Before I knew about Lollygaggin;' existing before this, I thought this episode was the only instance of them spoofing Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space! It's obvious the people at Cartoon Network had a tape of the aforementioned tape. The major difference is that unlike the Fib who acts so evil is that the White Lie acts more comical and makes up lies by himself. I guess Chris Savino, the writer of this episode came up with that idea by himself. I also like how The Professor is watching a game show, what is he? Bob Pataki, because he likes Wheel of Fortune. Also, much like Lollygaggin', the Lie here is also voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. Hmm, I'm going to go ahead and blame cartoon logic on this.

So bottom line, I don't think this is blatant copying compared to the Secret Swapper of Doom, both these shows have watched Larry-Boy! And the Fib from Outer Space! And whenever they do, they have to take notes to come up with another episode. I like the joke about the pants being on fire and hanging from a telephone wire, literal humor, folks. And also, I like the jokes on Buttercup and Professor accidentally leaving the toilet seat up, which usually causes the girls to go "What?"

Anyways, the moral is about trust.

Trust, trust, it's all about trust, break it and you'll spontaneously com bust!

Oh Zagnut, I referenced the reboot! Sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment