Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Phineas and Ferb - "Candace Gets Busted"

Yep, it's time for me to review another "Phineas and Ferb" episode. This time, I'm reviewing the season two episode, "Candace Gets Busted."

When Linda and Lawrence take a trip, they entrust Candace to be in charge of the house. Candace calls some of her friends over for a small get-together, but when throngs of uninvited guests start to participate and it isn't long before it swells into a wild party. All I know is this isn't Phineas and Ferb's doing. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is intending to get rid of the condominiums blocking his view from the local drive-in. Ugh, another typical bland scheme. Why am I not surprised?

What I like about this episode is that this is one of the few, if not the only time that Phineas and Ferb don't bother do anything crazy to make Candace want to try to bust on them, that, and Ferb had a lot more lines in this episode than usual. I understand now why he has little do no dialogue in this episode, he's British, like their father, Lawrence. I especially like the rap song in this one, where Candace raps about the event being a get together and not a party. That rap is so catchy with good rhythm, they even nail the dance moves, and the music. In the end, Candace deserved to be busted for this. I'm still not fond of Dr. Doofenshmirtz, though.

So, bottom line, this was an episode that really got the "Jellyfish Jam" feel to it;/ It also kind of reminds me of the Jimmy Neutron episode called "Party at Neutrons" and The Fairly OddParents episode, "Fairy Friends and Neighbors," and not to mention the Aaron Carter music video, "Aaron's Party (Come Get It)" where the plot is that these characters didn't get the permission to throw a party. If I didn't know better, I'd think these three episodes were based off of that certain song.

Did I mention Dee Bradley Baker who performed Perry also voiced a few of the party guests? I guess Dee did more than just vocal effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment