Sunday, January 14, 2018

Dexter's Laboratory - "Don't Be a Baby"

Now, I'm not much of a baby person, but I know there's an episode out there that my Mom likes, like this one "Don't Be a Baby," which was paired with Peltra and GIRL Squad. Let's see if I can agree on some of her opinions.

After asking nicely to their parents to see if whether or not they can go see an R rated movie, and getting a "no," which I won't blame their Mom and Dad because R rated movies are unacceptable for kids, Dexter and Dee-Dee create an aging device that could make them 18 or older to see the movie, you know, because it worked better the first time in "Old Man Dexter." But it backfires when Dee-Dee accidentally switches the cords and she and Dexter mix up their parents age and turn them into babies, what a twist! While Dexter works on an antidote, Dee-Dee has to take care of the babies by herself. How will this end? Watch and see, okay?

I can see why my mom, Victoria gave this episode a full five-wow rating. It got everything right. The comedy is spot-on, I like how Dexter's dad adds emphasis on the word "violence," and I kind of like how Dee-Dee stands up to Dexter for once, blaming him for the mistake, even though, SHE was the one who mixed up the cords, but that's besides the point, and I also like how Dee-Dee takes care of the babies like a motherly figure, which was a nice change of pace from her usual energetic and ditsy personality. You have to see it to understand, the only thing I didn't like was that Dexter just bonks Dee-Dee on the head for losing the babies, come on, man, she fell asleep! It was an accident!

So, bottom line, it shows us the idea of taking care of babies properly and it has a nice moral, don't go for something you're not ready for.

Did I mention that I think Dee-Dee's voice actress, Kat Cressida might've wrote this episode or something?

By the way, the only R rated movie I have is actually The Blues Brothers movie, but the only reason I go to that one is for the musical numbers. That's why.

If you're 18 or older, then go watch The Blues Brothers movie, or if you are younger than 18, go watch this episode and see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment