Friday, January 5, 2018

SpongeBob - "I Was a Teenage Gary" Review

You scared bro? You should be. Because we're gonna review "I Was a Teenage Gary." Much like "Chip of Fools," this episode only aired around Halloween. I have to give a shout out to PIEGUYRULZ who reviewed this episode on his ScumBob episodes list. I'll do my best to explain why I disagree with him on this episode, now, let's begin.

What's the story? Well, SpongeBob and Patrick have to go to a jellyfish convention down at Ukulele Bottom, but SpongeBob doesn't have anyone to keep an eye on Gary. It isn't until Squidward arrives and wants him to keep an eye on things, but Squidward, being Squidward is just so neglectful of Gary while pet sitting, and of course, three days later, he forgets to feed Gary. Gary does get sick, and they call the doctor. Doctor Gill Gilliam and SpongeBob don't want to do it because they're too squeamish, which results in a funny moment where SpongeBob keeps moving Gary but Squidward accidentally ends up injecting SpongeBob in the process. And get this, all Gary needed was water, what a twist! But it's not over yet. What happens next? Well, I'm not telling. Because you've got to watch it for yourself.

I have to disagree with PIEGUYRULZ on his review because, I couldn't find anything wrong with this episode, I will say that the plot wasn't all over the place, there were a lot of funny gags, like SpongeBob eating the snail food and belching and saying "MEOW! Why did I just do that? Am I cracking up?" And there's an explanation on why SpongeBob staked Squidward near the end, it was because he wanted help, and karma was coming to Squidward. These are called Squidward Karma Trips. These episodes are justified because Squidward was acting like a jerk, and it was satisfying to see him get his comeuppance for his sour attitude. This is one of those episodes, folks.

There were some parts I will agree with PIEGUYRULZ that the ending felt incomplete, but on the other hand, I don't find anything here to hate. I can say it was a good episode. Too bad it only airs around Halloween. By the way, it was written by the same people who wrote Squeaky Boots, Steve Fonti, Chris Mitchell, and Mr. Doug Lawrence, the voice of Plankton, of course. All I can say is that episodes that were written by Mr. Lawrence are mostly the best episodes of the series, minus Hall Monitor.

One more thing: The entire thing about Squidward transforming into a snail scene is just a dumb lie! A RUMOR! JUST A JOKE! I DON'T BELIEVE A WORD OF IT!

Okay, calm down, keep it together. Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. The joke about Squidward becoming a snail is actually a deleted scene

    ReplyDelete